There are times you know that you need a lawyer, like when you’re drawing up a contract or creating a trust fund for your kids. But what if you don’t know if you need a lawyer, like for personal injury cases? It might seem that all you need to do for a personal injury case is to report the incident to the insurance company and wait for reimbursement. Do you need a lawyer for that or can you handle it yourself?
In this article, we’ll examine what situations require a personal injury lawyer and how a personal injury lawyer can help your legal case.
When You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
It may seem easier, and cheaper, to deal with your personal injury case yourself, perhaps by contacting the insurance company or working out an agreement with the damaging party. But there are many times personal injury lawyers are needed to help you deal with your case. For example, if you’re in an accident where you have serious injuries, a personal injury lawyer can help you receive the compensation you need to pay your medical bills.
There are also certain types of accidents where personal injury lawyers are needed. For instance, if you are in a car accident, personal injury lawyers can help you get compensation from the insurance company for your medical bills and property damage. They can also help you fight your case in court if insurance refuses to pay or if they don’t offer enough compensation for your medical bills.
Personal injury attorneys can also help if you are in a slip and fall accident. They can fight your case in court and present evidence that the accident was the result of someone else’s negligence.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
There are many ways personal injury attorneys can help. Below is a list of areas a personal injury lawyer can help you to improve your case.
- One of the most important ways is by understanding how the laws involved in personal injuries affect your case. Each situation is different, so having someone on your side who understands how your case is affected by the law helps you make the right decisions when you’re determining what to do.
- They can help you get the amount of compensation you need from the insurance company. Sometimes insurance companies will only offer a fraction of the money you need to pay the bills from your injuries. Personal injury attorneys can negotiate with the insurance company for a higher settlement or bring them to court if they refuse to pay you enough money.
- They have teams of investigators that can recreate what happened in a car accident or slip and fall accident to prove who was at fault. Insurance companies or private parties may try to get out of giving you compensation by saying the accident was your fault. Personal injury lawyers can have their group of investigators look at the evidence or recreate what happened to prove who was at fault and get you the compensation you need.
- They can make sure that you have medical staff that can care for you and be expert witnesses in court. Personal injury lawyers can ensure that you have medical personnel that you feel comfortable with and can treat your injuries. They will also make sure that your medical staff can testify in court to explain the extent of your injuries.
- They can help you give statements to insurance agents by letting you know how you should and shouldn’t answer. Personal injury lawyers can stop you from answering questions that are intended to trap you and help you give answers that are truthful, but not damaging to your case.
Where to Find a Good Personal Injury Lawyer
In this article, we’ve learned what situations you need a personal injury lawyer for and how they can help. But how can you find a good personal injury attorney?
At Robichaud, Schroepfer, and Correia P.A. law firm, we have multiple personal injury lawyers that can help you get the compensation you need. With years of experience, they can help you effectively present your case. Contact us today for a free consultation.