Kristina Lund Alcántara
Principal, Lead Attorney
Toll Free: 855-541-3016
Kristina focuses her practice on auto and personal injury and workers’ compensation, with a particular emphasis on handling injury claims of non-U.S. citizens and cases which insurance companies deny claims. Kristina takes a special interest in working with immigrants and helping her clients to navigate the complex legal system.
Kristina provides guidance to injured clients who may also have immigration issues. Kristina takes the time to listen to her clients’ concerns and to help injured people understand their rights and options. Kristina has successfully resolved thousands of cases, both in settlement and at trial.
Kristina has worked with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, providing legal services to under-served communities. She continues to travel to rural Minnesota communities to meet with clients and to provide education about issues related to work injuries and workers’ rights. Kristina is committed to making sure all people have access to the courts, no matter their national origin, native language or immigration status. Kristina serves on a Minnesota Association for Justice (MNAJ) committee devoted to protecting the rights of undocumented injured workers and provides continuing education to other lawyers on this topic. Kristina is fluent in Spanish, having lived abroad in the Dominican Republic and in Chile.
Kristina also serves as an arbitrator with the Arbitration Association of America where she arbitrates Minnesota No-Fault disputes. Kristina is licensed in Minnesota and Kentucky.
- Minnesota, 2007
- Kentucky, 2014
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor (Cum Laude) – 2007
- Honors: Dean’s List, 2004 – 2007
- Honors: Law School
- Public Service Award Recipient for more than 200 hours of law-related public service
- Honors: Women’s Law Student Association MWL Liaison
- Honors: National Moot Court Director and Quarter-finalist 2007
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: President’s Scholarship Recipient
- Honors: United Nations (UN-INSTRAW) Intern, Santo Domingo, DR
- Honors: School for International Training – Chile Study Abroad Participant
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Federal Bar, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Kristina is fluent in English and Spanish.