The lawyers at Robichaud, Schroepfer & Correia, P.A. have 40 years of combined experience helping the victims of all types of accidents involving negligence. Trust us to carefully investigate every aspect of your boat accident and protect your interests at every stage of the legal process.
Boat and Jet Ski accidents often involve some form of negligence: either too much speed, too much alcohol or too little attention to safety. The results are usually tragic: serious injury or wrongful death.
People who operate a boat in an unsafe manner may be liable for damages if they cause an accident. Examples of unsafe operation include:
- Drinking and driving
- Driving too fast
- Driving in a reckless manner
- Creating wakes that can capsize smaller vessels
- Driving too close to swimmers
- Not having a spotter when towing a skier or flotation device
- Not having enough life vests for passengers
- Failing to have the proper lights after dark
It is important to remember that even if you were a passenger or were partially responsible for the accident, you can still recover damages as long as your responsibility does not outweigh that of the other driver.